Now we look to recent history, and it seems so obvious, so wonderfully fulfilled, that only one candidate among the Prominent Powers of the world stands out immediately as fulfilling every criteria of this Lamb Like Two Horned Earth Beast in every detail prefigured in the apocalyptic vision, here we expound upon them one point at a time:
1. America had “not yet come” at the reception of the Revelation by John, the New World where this power appeared was an unknown. Upon the punishment and wounding “as it were to death” of that head of the Sea Beast, a dominion that lasted for 1260 years under that head, and about 1200 years before that from its pagan beginnings about the eighth century B.C., the Papal Power and its Holy Roman Empire seemed to disappear (was and is not, yet is), by 1870 it seemed only a powerless shadow of it remained.
2. America rises in the New World about the same time of the wounding of the Roman Papal Head and has now existed a little more than 200 years in its current Constitutional form. How much time can this Beast Power continue before it exceeds the “short space” qualification. Exactly what is “a short space” in context of the prophecy? Even if Christ were not to appear for several hundred years more, America’s time would be a short space by comparison.
3. America comes “up out of the earth”: rather than the sea, representing peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues, where the four previous beast powers rose up; this beast rises out of the New World, sparsely populated by comparison. There is no conquest or necessity of assimilation as noticed in the previous consecutive sea beast powers, so that this power can come along side and support the Sea Beast as predicted.
4. “he had two horns like a lamb” and; 5. “he spake as a dragon.”
“When a tenth part of the Papal Kingdom fell , which tenth E. B. Elliot identifies as the falling away of Protestant England from the Papal States, many had been fleeing to the New World to escape persecution and Papal Inquisition in the same place where Protestant England eventually established thirteen colonies. Canada to the North was a Crown Colony of the Sovereign City of London. Mexico down through all of South America (Latin America) was conquered on behalf of the Vatican by the Papal vassals of Portugal and Spanish Conquistadores.
In the New World the only Power that rose up and came to exhibit all of the attributes of the Revelation 13 Earth Beast is the one that developed out of the thirteen colonies planted by Protestant England: The United States America.”
These horns appear to be life long polar opposites as they coexist without change during the continuence of the Earth Beast:
“These two horns demonstrate two equal and opposing powers at the origin of this Beast: lamb like and draconic in speech. The American Continental Congress adopted the Articles of Confederation, the first constitution of the United States, on November 15, 1777. The present Constitution for the United States was written during the Constitutional Convention, those that opposed it were able to get the Bill Of Rights attached to it to preserve those liberties, it was signed on September 17, 1787.
F. Tupper Saussy, in his book, Rulers Of Evil unquestionably exposes the hidden secret influence in the establishment of the U.S. Constitution and more specifically the concentration of power in the newly created head of this Beast, the Sovereign City of the District of Columbia. Though this power was founded upon many Godly or lamb like principles the draconic influence would eventually turn it to come alongside the draconic power of the Sea Beast that infected it at its inception. The History of this alliance between these two Beasts is foretold in the 13th chapter of the Revelation.”
6. “he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him”
It would take two World Wars centered around the dominant locality of the wounded head to lure this Earth Beast into its predicted apocalyptic position of help and support for the Sea Beast.
“It is not insignificant that about the same time this First Beast receives it’s deadly head wound that the Second Beast rises in the New World and in time comes to exercise all of the powers of the First Beast before it until it finally, “causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” It is all too evident that America is changing just as the Scripture indicates that it would as this Second or Earth Beast. As the Roman Empire was once the visible Police Power of the world, so today America, since WWII, has emerged as the Police Power of the world, and …exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him.”
“Despite recently closing hundreds of bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities. Britain, France and Russia, by contrast, have about 30 foreign bases combined.”
The remainder of this Beast’s attributes or actions are the topic of our next two sections following.